Thursday, March 6, 2008

Growing Up Through Garment Bags

Today I shelled out a substantial amount of money to purchase luggage for my trip. It is a strange concept to me that my bags may be worth more than all the rest of my things combined. On the upside, now I have room to pack more than I could possibly need!

To be honest, I have no idea what to actually bring. I don't think I actually know how to pack for multiple climates. I don't think I even have CLOTHING for multiple climates. My wardrobe consists mostly of t-shirts, jeans, and... t-shirts. I did invest in some sort of raincoat/windbreaker today as well. I don't think I've had one of those since I was 10. Typically, I just run around and get soaked. It was a step forward for me in the direction of responsible adulthood. What maketh a man, ask you? Luggage and raincoats, say I. Luggage and raincoats.

5 comments:

Analisa said...

What I love about reading everyone's blog is that I sit here shaking my head in agreement and utter understanding to everything everyone writes. I enjoy your wit and sarcasm with which you write, and look forward to meeting you!

Vivian said...

How did you and Maddy get to my wordpress blog? Weird!
I was 8 when I played Gretl. 8, I tell you! Then I played Brigitta at 15, which was way too old. I was the size I am now, maybe slightly bigger!
I bought a new (but cheap) suitcase yesterday. I'm planning to take one huge rolling suitcase and one medium-small (not much bigger than carry-on-sized) rolling suitcase, checked. Then a rolling backpack for carryon. If I can get away with just that, I will be a happy person forever.
Don't feel lonely or loser-ish. We will still be your friend when we eventually meet you.

Dillon said...

I'm checking a huge, daddy suitcase and a roller duffle bag. I'll have a smallish backpack as a carry-on. How much dressy clothes are you bringing? Blazer or full suit? I'm a little worried about being able to buy clothes over there (I'm 6'3") that fit me.

Dillon said...

travel clinic gave me Hep A (I already had the Hep B one) and Typhoid vaccines. She wasn't worried about Malaria in the cities we are going to. Only if we end up going into the nether-regions of the Philippines.

Val said...

If you're even half as funny/entertaining as your Mom, this blog has great potential!
Congratulations on your role in the show. Enjoy Asia. Can't wait to read all about it.